Steady picking location (SPL)
The steady picking location (SPL) uses system vehicle loop technology SVL.
The pallets stored in a warehouse or in temporary areas are quickly conveyed and sorted in various picking stations sequentially, complying with the various criteria of picking reverse, classes stackability, FIFO / LIFO, etc. The pallet is then automatically re-entered in the warehouse, awaiting shipment.
The steady picking location (SPL), mainly integrated with an automatic warehouse to-stacker trucks, is set up as a series of highly ergonomic "work islands" (picking bays), equipped with tools to help grip, weighing scales, lift tables and computer stations.
Steady picking location (SPL) is mainly used when:
- The volumes of picking average are lower than 4,000 packages / hour;
- Codes managed (SKU) are greater than 300;
- The grip is about 8/10 necks for order line.
Key points of the Steady picking location (SPL):
- Picking operations extremely rationalized;
- Significant increase in performance of the operators;
- Improvement of working conditions;
- Reduction of errors;
- Limiting the time of order fulfillment.